Labour Market News
The Windsor-Sarnia Labour Market Monitor is an overview of the Windsor-Sarnia Economic Region. This monthly report is produced by the local area Labour Market Information Analysts.
Highlights from this issue include:
- Total value of building permits in Windsor for January to April 2010 was $125,481,500. The figure was aided by the construction of an $88-million engineering building at
the University of Windsor.
- Pelee Island will be receiving a $1.94-million grant from the federal and provincial governments to improve its road system.
- A ceremonial groundbreaking was held for St. Clair College's new $32-million Centre for Applied Health Sciences building.
- Solar Source Corporation plans to start production at its Windsor-based solar-panel plant by the end of 2011. The plant hopes to employ 200 persons within a year, and
500 within three years.
- The City of Windsor will be receiving $4-million towards an aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul facility at the Windsor Airport. The project is funded by the
Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario.
Download the most recent full report available: